This newspaper was the first newspaper in Lhasa established by the communists, and the precursor to the still existent and now daily “Tibet Daily” (བོད་ལྗོངས་ཉིན་རེའི་གསར་འགྱུར་). It came out for the first time on December 1, 1953, but had developed before amongst approaching PLA troops. When the 18th army of the PLA marched onto Lhasa in 1951, two smaller units mimeographed newspapers in Chinese on the way. Both were merged in Lhasa and the newspaper from then on prepared by the Tibet Military Regional Editorial and Review Commission.
Gsar 'gyur mdor bsdus, December 1953. LTWA.